Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Kate!

My niece, Kate (we call her Katie Bug), turned three! I can't believe how time flies for it seems like yesterday I was holding her for the first time. Kate is the daughter of Jimmy's youngest brother, David. David and Elizabeth has three kids, Andrew (13); Kate (3); and Claire (1). Those of you who don't know my husband, Jimmy. He is the older of four boys. So, Kate is the first girl of the family. She really has Uncle Jimmy wrapped around his finger! She has me wrapped too, but, I know how to enforce rules around the house. But Jimmy, he is such a softie! I thought Jimmy and I were going to get into a fight because he wanted to buy Kate a set of play tools (he is thinking she's a little tomboy) and I wanted to buy her girlie stuff. So, instead of the tools, Jimmy saw this bubble maker that you hook up to the bathtub faucet, this thing makes these foamy bubbles, so he got that and I picked out a little girl's makeup kit. She liked them both, but between you and me, I think she liked the makeup more..ha.. Below are a few pics of our little Katie Bug!
These two pics were taken last year.


I think putting on makeup is in a girl's genes!

Trying to get the tangles of her hair! I promise, it only looks like it hurts...ha..

No comments: