Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 3 and 4 of New York City

Ok, I know it's been a very long time since my last post, but here is our 3rd day in NYC...... We got up, dressed and headed to the subway. On the way to the subway we stopped at a little mom/pop market and got bagels and cream cheese for breakfast. By this time my allergies and sinuses are so bad I can't taste a thing. But I eat for my strength..ha... We then headed toward the Brooklyn Bridge. Once there we walked across it and back. It's exactly 1 mile but it seems like forever.... Once we got to the middle we all had a moment of reflecting the Miranda/Mike scene in Sex and the City.... After walking the Brooklyn Bridge we headed toward Manhattan. We walked around St. John's Cathedral. It's the largest cathedral in North America. Truly something to see. It was unreal!! Once we did that we found a little cafe and ate lunch. After lunch we started to make our way to 5th Avenue...Shopping baby.... We made a stop in Tiffany's. We also had a moment of reflecting the Tiffany scene in Sweet Home Alabama.... I found a necklace so I called Jimmy and asked him if I could buy a Tiffany necklace. His answer was "well, you're gonna buy it anyway I don't know why you're calling to ask". I then told him it was 2.5 million dollars and he changed his mind we quick. But I did find a cute little necklace and bought it for myself. This was my only chance to get a true Tiffany necklace, so I splurged. We then went into more stores and shopped around. After shopping we headed toward the apartment for some much needed rest. And yes, the elevator was working!! Woohoo!! After a rest we decided to get tickets to see the Lion King. It was unbelieveable. The costumes are unreal! After seeing the Lion King we went to Bond 55 for pizza, very expensive pizza. One of our pizzas had a lobster on it..ha.. After that we was too pooped to walk, so we took a cab. Man, after that cab ride, we all woke up! I think the cab driver was trying to see how fast he could go. Jennifer held my hand the entire time!! We finally got back to our apartment in one piece and went to sleep. By this time we all were so tired I don't remember my head falling on the pillow!!



Day 4: Our last full day:

By this time I was completly miserable.... I was taking allergy and sinus meds around the clock! We got up very, very early and headed toward the subway. We went to the Brooklyn Tabernacle Church for Sunday service and also to see the Brooklyn Tabernacle choir. The choir was awesome!! The entire service was so uplifting and the people there were extremely nice. You felt like a part of their lives. I can't say how great the service was!! But, I did have meds in my system and I fell asleep during the preaching. I just felt so bad!! After church we went to the original Jonathan's Cheesecake for brunch and also cheesecake!! It was so good!! We then headed back to Manhattan. After changing clothes and resting a bit we decided to hit Macy's and any other place we missed or want to go back a second time. We ended back at Times Square and say the freakey little man dressed as the tooth fairy running around. Hugh Scott warned me of taking a picture of him, saying if we took a picture he would come up too us. He was really putting on a show!! Later we went back to the apartment and got dressed for our fancy meal, Gramercy Tavern!! Hugh Scott snuck out and had purchased all of us girls a necklace. It is gorgeous!!! The resturant serves a 6 course meal and you don't have a choice of food, they bring you what they make. And if you don't eat what they bring you, you will have about 10 waiters asking if anything was wrong with the meal. It was very, very nice. After 6 courses, we were stuffed!! We kind of got special treatment because Hugh Scott knows the manager of this resturant. So we got about two more courses "this is from the kitchen"; and an extra bottle of wine "from the kitchen". We were pampered!! I could not force another bite!!

The next morning we got up and headed home. The man on the 9th floor came up to get our keys. Remember me saying that on the first night we got to our apartment from seeing Wicked, there were these "do not enter" signs on the door of the building. Well, we asked the guy on the 9th floor what had happened. He said that the people on the 4th floor apartment got caught selling knock off designer handbags and the Po Po raided them. Selling design handbags!!! I really enjoyed NYC, with the crazy sinuses and allergies!! But, I was so glad to get back in Mississippi. Not only did I miss my husband, I missed the south and my privacy. In NYC it was so crowded that nobody has any privacy!! I love living in the south!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Appreciate your expressing this nice post with a decent topic, some wonderful skill which you have.

Anonymous said...

As a brand new blogger I discovered this short article really handy, thanks for sharing with us