Thursday, October 16, 2008







I love this time of year, Fall! I love the orange and brown colors of the trees. The air is cool so that you only need a light jacket or long sleeve shirt. This reminds me of a trip the women and I took last year to Eureka Springs. We didn't know until we arrived that the Corvette car show and the motorcycle ralley was both going on. We were overwhelmed with Corvettes and motorcycles. While walking down the streets of Eureka Springs my mom said that she should get a picture made with a group of bikers so that she could show my dad the fun she had in Eureka Springs. Basically she wanted to do it as a joke to my dad. I saw this group of bonafide bikers and thought, "It wouldn't hurt to ask to take a picture. All they could say was no". So I grabbed my mom and said, "come on". I was really nervous because I didn't know if these bikers were sweet or mean, it was hard to tell by the facial hair.... But I went up to them and told them the story about my mom wanting a picture to take back home to my dad. They were the biggest bunch of teddy bears! They said "Sure little lady, here, sit on our best looking bike, this bright red one". And they all gathered around, smiled and I took the picture. They were laughing, really showing us a good time. They asked us if we knew Jesus and we told them yes. Before we left, the guy who owns the red bike (the one with the long beard) told my mom that he wanted to give her something. He opened his storage container on his bike and it was filled with christian literature. He gave mom a devotional book. To this day, she reads from that book each day and says a prayer for those four bikers who were witnessing. It also proves that we are not to judge a person by their appearance. Even the gruff looking ones deserve to know about Jesus.

No comments: