Friday, October 17, 2008

Daredevil Amy!!

I'm doing something I NEVER thought I would do! I'm flying by myself! Ok, first let me give you my flying history..... I have flown several times. I have been told the more you fly the more you like it. But I'm just the opposite. The more I fly the worse I get. Two years ago my sister, Tracy, and I took her two boys, Jake & Buck, to Disney World. I thought I would be ok since I'ld have my two nephews with me, you know, "Aunt Amy" would have to put on a brave face. But we started off and I cried like a baby, tears streaming down my face and all. I couldn't help myself, I hate flying! So back to now.... I am having to take some time off before the end of the year, or I'll lose those hours. So I have put down to have off Nov 7th - Nov 14th, thinking Jimmy and I could do something. But it just so happens he, along with some more guys, are going up to Kansas to pheasant hunt. They're leaving on Nov 7th - Nov 10th. The other night I dreamed about our nephew Benjamin, so I told Jimmy that we needed to go up to Michigan to see him. So he suggested I go while they're gone to Kansas. Well, I just said, "No way am I flying up there and back, plus tickets will be expensive". But the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to do it. So I talked with Sarah, my sister-in-law who lives in Michigan, about it. She told me if I was serious about it she could get me a reduced ticket using Mark's mileage points, Mark is Jimmy's brother who lives in Holley Michigan. So last night I got on the phone with Sarah, she priced me a ticket using Mark's points and it was going to be $37.00 roundtrip! Before I knew what I was saying, I said "book it". So she did and now I'm on my way..... She was able to get me a direct flight from Jackson to Detroit and a direct flight back. So it's not like I'll be changing planes and all.... Hopefully I'll be able to handle it.... Pray for me.... Above is a picture of Benjamin and Mark (his dad, Jimmy's brother); and then Benjamin and Uncle Jimmy. As you can see, Uncle Jimmy was trying to teach him something that could get him in trouble, playing in the bucket of water.....





1 comment:

allyson (lewis) lillis said...

haha! you're a hoot! you'll do great! i'm sure the flight attendants will bring you a pacifier! :) go ahead and fly detroit to nashville on your way home! we'd have a blast! i'll be looking for a post on how your flight goes!..(if you survive it....:)