Friday, January 2, 2009

More Christmas Celebration!







Saturday, December 27th, we had another Christmas celebration with Jimmy mother's family. They all live up north MS, so we don't see them as much as we would like. We always have fun when we get together. I'm going to tell on myself. A lady in the garden club that I'm a member of, had a "Hen House" party. It's just an after Christmas party with the ladies and we just sit around and to talk and eat. Basically, an excuse to get together. So I went on Saturday morning. Well, I got stuck.... I parked my car my some soft, wet dirt, and I got stuck..... I was so embarrassed! But not nearly embarrassed as having to call Jimmy to come and get my vehicle out! I knew he wouldn't let me live it down. After calling Jimmy I walked back to the hostess' house and told her that I was stuck but I had called Jimmy and he was coming. A little lady piped up and said "last year I got stuck and I didn't want to have to call my husband so all of the ladies got behind my car and pushed me out". I can just see all of these well dressed ladies getting behind a car to push it out of the mud just so another lady wouldn't have to call her husband! They offered to do the same for me, but I gratefully declined. I told them that we'll have to wait and see who gets stuck next year.... But Jimmy didn't give me too much grief about it. He had killed a good deer that morning and I think he was still on cloud nine!
The family get together was great. We had a new family member, Ava Elizabeth Ashley, 6 months old. She has such a great personality! It was fun playing with her. After eating lunch the men either went hunting or watched a football game. The rest of us played Phase Ten, it's a card game. As you can tell, we all enjoy playing games..... I've posted a few pictures...

No comments: