Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Cleaning House

Do you ever get in those kinds of moods where you need to do things but you just can't seem to get around to it? That was me this weekend. Friday was my day off and I had planned to clean house. But instead of cleaning I did other things like slept late, went walking, cooked lunch, got clothes together to take to the cosignment shop (never got around to taking them yet) before I knew it, it was Friday night. So I put off house cleaning until Saturday. Saturday I woke up, drank a few cups of coffee and ate breakfast. I then got dressed b/c I really needed to go grocery shopping before I started my cleaning. When I got ready to go grocery shopping I called Jimmy just to let him know where I'ld be. He told me if I would wait about 15 minutes he would be finished and would go with me. So, once he came home, took a quick shower, dressed and we were off to the grocery store. We ended up going to Jackson, then Dogwood, then lunch, then grocery store. By the time we got home cleaning house was the last thing I wanted to do, also I had to bake a cake for Sunday. So it was, again, put off until Sunday afternoon (already made plans to go to Philly on Sunday morning). Sunday, we got up, I taught Sunday School, then we headed to Philly. We had a good lunch with my parents, Tracy & Jake, and my Uncle Keith and Aunt Marsha. After that the ladies headed off to a tea for a cousin who's getting married. So we didn't get back home until late Sunday afternoon. By that time I gave Jimmy an ultimatium (is that how you spell it?). "You have the choice of doing floors which means vaccuuming and mopping or dusting and cleaning bathrooms...... But we were too tired on Sunday so I told him that Monday was THE CLEANING DAY! While at work on Monday I called Jimmy to see if he was psyched about cleaning that afternoon and to also tell him we would clean once I got back from the tanning bed.... He had spent a good portion of his day doing little odd jobs to the camper and he was getting ready to wash it. Once I got home Monday afternoon the cleaning began! He had the floors vaccuumed and I was STILL cleaning his shower. I soon realized why he wanted floors... By the time I got our bathroom cleaned and ready to tackle the front bathroom, he was finished with the entire floors. So he thought it was time for him to take a rest, yeah right.... When I got to the front bathroom I noticed that around the toilet area the floor was turning blue. I thought "How odd..." And funny how Jimmy didn't notice while he was mopping the bathroom floor (that's how observant he is when doing house work). Anyway, I called Jimmy to the bathroom the investigate and turned out that the toilet had been leaking quite some time. Because we hardly ever use the front bathroom, it was not noticed. So, Jimmy pulled up some of the floor covering and saw that the floor was beginning to rot. Yuck! Jimmy's job was just beginning.... He, his little brother and dad worked on the bathroom well over two hours. Once they removed the toilet and pulled up the flooring the rottened floor wasn't as much as they thought. They were able to cut the wet floor out, replace the floor and then put another piece of floor covering to pretty much match what we already had. One of Jimmy's Uncle had been remodeling their house and they had everthing we needed to fix the bathroom. Once we put the toilet back on, my magazine rack and waste basket, you really can't tell the floor covering isn't the same. I'm just glad we didn't have to fork out the money for an entire new floor. Or I would be crying as I'm blogging this story... By the time we got finished with everything we were pooped and it was late. We both slept so good Monday night! But I think we both learned a lesson to not procrastinate the house cleaning! I'm just so thankful that I have a hubby who doesn't think house work is a "woman's job"!

No comments: