Friday, May 22, 2009

More Stories...

Exactly 10 years ago I went through a divorce. That was a very painful time in my life. I live with my sister and family for about 3 months, until I could get back on my feet. Casey and Jake was my lifesaver. Of course, they fought who got to sleep with me, so they had to take turns. At that time I worked at MSU in Starkville and Casey went to Starkville Academy. It was many, many times that I would pick her up from school and take her back to my work until I left to go home (my work was very, very flexible). She had so much fun at my work from being teased by all the graduate students, especially the guys, to sitting at a desk and write me letter. Below are two letters I have saved. You may have to click on them to be able to read them.

The first letter is basically saying that she is sorry for what happened to me and that she was also sorry that I would be sleeping with Jake that night. The second letter was after Christmas, I was already in an apartment, I had let Casey and Jake spend a few nights with me over the holidays. But going back to the divorce, those nights when Casey slept with me, we would snuggle and talk, talk and talk. I never told her the details of when happened, but she had a very, very good clue. She would kind of hint around but I always would change to subject. I just didn't want her to know more than she already knew. Just having her around helped to much. Like I have said before, we always have fun when we're together. I was living with them when Tracy had Buck, so I kept Jake and Casey while Tracy and Robin was at the hospital. The day Buck was born I took Casey and Jake to the hospital to see him and then we went to Applebee's to eat. It was really fun. Those little moments is what makes life so much fun. Living in Starkville was so much fun and working at MSU was more fun! I remember one weekend in particular, Casey stayed with me. We walked all around the campus and then we went bowling. Below are a few pictures of that day.

The shades on her head are mine. To this day, she loved wearing my shades. She says my shades are better, but actually, they just cheap shades....
Today my girl is graduating, still get emotional just thinking about it. Below I just wanted to share a few more of my favorite pictures...


Congratulations honey! Love you so much!

No comments: